In modern businesses, nothing stands still. Therefore managing an organisation structure when the sand is constantly shifting is an ongoing activity that needs to be embraced and embedded into everyday processes.
Implementing a ‘fit for purpose’ job evaluation methodology will set a strong foundation from which to develop frameworks – from competency frameworks to pay ranges.
A good evaluation system will have pre-set factors to determine the relative value of different roles within your organisation and places them into clearly defined levels. Will have points that sit behind the levels for a further level of granularity. But more importantly will have straightforward descriptions that resonate to every level, across the business. Terminology allows recognition of impact and responsibility of roles without reliance on specified monetary value – to enable fairness and consistency.
- The right job architecture will allow proactive planning for rapid change of direction and/or growth
- Ensures you have the right roles, at the right levels, and the right level of calibre in place for an effective organisation
- Provides clarity around role expectations and where they add value to the business going forward
- Helps to build understanding and manage recruitment and opportunities for employee progression and retention of talent
- Use as an anchor to link to your Reward programme, succession planning, talent mapping and resource management