Maximising the value of your people
Perhaps more than in any other industry, professional services companies are people centric. Business success will hinge on the quality of talent you are able to attract and retain; your employees’ time and expertise are, after all, what your clients are buying.
Navigating the challenge of talent management is therefore key to business success. Your ability to recruit and retain the best talent in a highly competitive, global market place directly impacts your ability to deliver to clients.
To succeed in creating and implementing a talent-led strategy it is vital to understand and accommodate the unique set of characteristics associated with professional services:
- The workforce is made up of highly qualified and talented people, hungry to move up the career ladder
- Fee earning is king; employees are judged, measured and rewarded on utilisation
- Onboarding new hires so they can ramp up to be billable resources can take 12 to 18 months
- The competition for top talent is intense and more and more companies are looking to differentiate their offerings to establish themselves as an employer of choice
- A team of highly skilled professionals necessitates strong leadership. The importance of management quality is therefore magnified in a professional services business
- Time is money - all communications must be thoughtful, succinct and evidenced
At Innecto we understand these nuances and how they impact a successful reward strategy.
We work with our professional services clients to help them inspire, engage and motivate their employees though recognition and reward. Our portfolio of services is tailored to reflect your business environment - we can help you understand your pay position and organisation design, and develop an employee value proposition that firmly cements your position as an employer of choice.
Working as an extension of the in-house team, we work together to successfully land projects and create stakeholder buy-in by providing the tools needed to evidence decision making and translate the HR contribution to the bottom line.